FSI partners with Excitech for Space Management and BIM
"Running office space is one of an organisation's highest operating costs," explains Adrian Jarvis, General Manager of FSI Middle East.
The integration of Excitech FM, Excitech's Space and Move Management solution, with the Concept Evolution product suite, reduces this cost, and allows users to manage complex responsibilities such as moves/relocations, organisational restructures, agile working, mission-critical projects, and even heat-mapping for occupation.
"The integration removes the need to maintain two different solutions for common data - for example, when buildings, floors, locations, contacts, departments and assets are changed on the floor plans in AutoCAD, Excitech FM synchronises the changes into Concept Evolution."
"Organisations will therefore have full control of their space, for reacting quickly to, and reporting accurately on the amount of space they have," added Jarvis.
By amalgamating strategic planning and space management, accurate dashboards and reports for planned and actual space allocation can be provided - critical for managing change within an organisation.
Benefits of the FSI and Excitech integration include:
- Web-enablement: floor plans and space data can be accessed through standard web browsers. Spatial data and the ability to update it is delivered to a much wider audience, ensuring its accuracy
- Bespoke configuration: data stored can be adjusted to suit user requirements or industry sector
- Flexibility: able to handle a constant flow of changes and observe configurable business processes
- Efficiency: accurately allocate and utilise space
- Visibility: reports available for the type of space an organisation has and how the space is used
- Speed: quick lead-time for collecting building and asset data
- BIM compliancy: two-way integration with leading 3D draft modelling packages to maximise the true value of data rich models
- Cost effectiveness: reduction in cost due to better operational practices
FSI Global limited is a market-leading group of companies, with Headquarters in the UK, offices in Australia and Dubai, and an international partner network. Since 1990, FSI has been a major influence on workplace technology for the built environment, delivering a truly versatile business tool.
Excitech provides technology solutions and services for the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design and construction, building handover and maintenance. Its services include consultancy, training and support, and it offers a comprehensive range of IT, Document Management and Facilities Management solutions.
Established in 1985, Excitech is the largest Autodesk Platinum Partner in the UK specialising in the construction sector, and has accreditations with leading technology vendors such as Microsoft, Dell, and HP. For more information visit www.excitech.co.uk